On the very same day that Mom and I dropped off all of our gifts to HSP for their Giving Tree (yes, that is me right outside the doors with the cute Santa statue) was the very same day that the docs at clinic told me "no more chemo" until further notice (aka…..next Thursday). Why are they holding chemo you might ask? Well, my counts have completely bottomed out. Yes, my ANC is only 200 (should be over 1000), my platelets and hemoglobin are ridiculously low (so low I can't even remember the numbers!) They tell me this often happens on Maintenance because my body is just trying to get used to the chemo pills everyday at home and less intraveneous chemo at clinic. It certainly helps to explain why I have been feeling so sick and tired all of the time. Dr. Hayani said it best, "Chloe, the chemo is working too good in your body so we need to take a little break." I guess that is a good thing, right? After all, I would much rather have the meds working "too good", rather than not working at all.

1 comment:
Pasghettio,
You sure look pretty in that outfit. Let's hope everything straightens out with your chemo and you can get to feeling better on your maintenance program. You deserve a break already!!!!! Love you a lot.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment