Thursday, February 6, 2014

choo...chooo...next stop....crazy chemo!

Okay, what is with my crazy counts....caused by the crazy chemo???? I had my routine visit to clinic today and doc told me my ANC was down to 100!! WHAT? It was over 1000 a month ago. So, I am off my two oral chemo meds until further notice (next Thursday when I will have an extra, bonus clinic visit) but had to go ahead with my steroid burst. YUCK! Mom asked Dr. Hayani why he thought my counts were dropping so low. Well, I do have a little bit of a stuffy nose, so that could be part of it. But he looked at her and said, "Honestly, I don't think her body can handle the full dose of chemo!" Ummm...I am pretty sure we have been saying that for quite awhile now (since I started Maintenance over a year ago) but glad he is finally agreeing. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that I don't spike a fever and I don't have to be admitted to the hospital. An ANC of 100 means my body basically can't fight any viruses or other "yuck" that might be floating around. Let's just say Mom is keeping me home from school tomorrow. Ok, but you didn't hear that from me.......

No comments: