Monday, September 24, 2012

pondering chemo

I suppose chemo is not a very fun thing to ponder about…but today is clinic day for me and there is kind of a lot going on.  First of all, I have a procedure (lumbar puncture with injection of methotrexate in my spinal fluid).  Nothing new there, although it is never a  fun day because I can't eat or drink anything at school, in the morning, or otherwise because of the sleepy medicine they give me.   And then for the escalating dose of methotrexate that they give me via my port, I am count dependent.  What does that mean, you may ask?  Well, they have to see how much my numbers (blood counts) have gone down, if they have at all, and then they determine whether they give me more of that particular type of chemo or not.  Basically, they are just waiting to see how much my  body can handle.  I also will get the good ole' standy-by…vincristine.  I think I have had that one the most since I have been sick, and luckily, it doesn't cause me too much trouble.
Hmmmm....I wonder how everything will shake out today?????
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill Kullen said...

We'll be thinking about you today and and will be hoping the day's as good as it can be! You're one tough, beautiful cookie! Xo

Kathy U said...

I hope everything went well for you today. Stay strong Chloe.