Sunday, December 8, 2013

Monkey in my Chair

Tomorrow is procedure day for me (wah!) but Miss Trina gave me something at my last clinic visit that kind of makes my visits to clinic (and me missing school) not seem so bad.  It is a really neat program called Monkey in my Chair and so my backpack with my big monkey (it's like 1/2 the size of me!) goes to school and when I leave for clinic, my monkey literally takes my place (and chair!).  He goes to gym class, reading stations, computer lab, whatever I would be doing, my monkey sits in for me.  Pretty cool, right?  But it gets better.  My classmates write me letters and draw pictures about how much they missed me and how they wish I felt better.  They also tell me what monkey did in school.  It totally makes me smile every time I read their notes.  I get to put a friend "in charge" of monkey when I leave and Mrs. B took some pics of my good buddy, Kiley, taking good care of my monkey when I was at clinic a few weeks ago.
So,  big Monkey will go with me tomorrow, and little money goes to clinic with me and then Claire brings my monkey backpack home so I can see all of the neat things my classmates and friends put in there for me.
Wish me luck on my spinal tap tomorrow and GO MONKEY!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

I love the Monkey! Maybe I could get a monkey to sit in for me too? ;) I love the Gelbers!

xo - LA

GRANDPA said...

YELLOW BIRD,
SURE LIKE THE MONKEY'S SWEATER COLOR. HAVE YOU SEEN A YELLOW MONKEY LATELY?? HOPE YOUR SPINAL TAP WAS GOOOOOOOOOD. I LOVE YOU YB.