Monday, September 16, 2013

tea with the dermatologist


See this fun rash I have on my face?  Well, the docs at clinic had NO idea what it was and so they told me I needed to go see a dermatologist.  But not just any dermatologist….one of the only pediatric dermatologists in the area.  And boy, was she hard to get into see.  But after much begging and pleading from my friend, Miss Kathy, at clinic (think Oklahoma!), I was able to get in to see her.
And she was a hoot!  Funny, SO nice, and really upset that my Mom had any trouble getting an appointmnet to see her in the first place.  One of her nurses liked me so much, she brought this cute "paint your own tea set" to me and made me promise I would let my sister help me paint some of the pieces.  How nice!  Presents at the dermatologist?  Who would have guessed?
So…..you might ask….get to the point of the whole story!  What is the funky rash on my face (and arms…and legs….and neck…..)?????
Eczema folks.  Plain and simple.
And apparently it is pretty common with kids who are immunosuppressed….lucky me!
Maybe I will bring my new tea set in next time I see her and we can have tea and talk skin problems of 6 year olds on chemotherapy.... ;0
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GRANDPA said...

YELLOW BIRD,
I COULD USE A SIP OF TEA. LOOKS LIKE AN OKIE CONNECTION AT THE DERMATOLOGISTS OFFICE. RASHES COME AND GO, BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER I LOVE YOU LOTS AND "YELLOW ROCKS ON"!!!!!!