Thursday, April 24, 2014

My last procedure at clinic!!!

Today was my very last procedure at clinic (hopefully forever!) and actually, I get to stop my chemo all together in three days. Yes, you heard that right! Very exciting!!! Dr. Hayani was the one who first diagnosed me at the ER at CDH over two years ago and he was the one who gave me my final lumbar puncture and bone marrow draw. He told me afterwards that I was probably the bravest kid he had ever met (and he has been doing this for a long time....) and he couldn't believe that I didn't budge or make any movements during these two procedures. What a compliment! He went down to look at the slides in the lab before I left clinic and he said everything looked good. Not a leukemia cell to be found! YAY! What a lucky girl I am to have such amazing doctors and nurses and support staff around me during the fight against this icky disease.

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

Yay Chloe!!! You rock! I am so thankful this is all over for you. You are an amazing young lady. I hope I get to meet you some day. Love to you and all of your family!!

Unknown said...

You've been through a lot these past 2 years and I am certain you are happy the cancer treatments are over. Always remember how strong you are.