Sunday, April 6, 2014

say so-long to my friend, Mr. IV pole

This is what I looked like all week....yes, a "fun, port-accessed, IV antibiotics every 24 hours, not feeling so hot week". And yes, the antibiotic had to be refrigerated...and taken out of the fridge two hours before infusion, in which my Mom (aka...Nurse Amy) would prep all of the items being used in the infusion (can you say STERILE????). And we traveled with all of these supplies (well, not my friend the IV pole) but yes, a big box of supplies and a cooler, and we made up our own IV pole wherever we went. That was kind of fun. But it was all worth is because I got to see my Grandma and Grandpa and we had a really fun time. Happy Birthday Grandpa! I will post more pictures later but here is one of my favorites :)
And, yes, my antibiotics are finished (hopefully!) and when I go to clinic tomorrow, they will take the needle out of my port! Woo! Hoo! I can hardly wait!!!

No comments: