Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a little attitude goes a long way

So, Friday was my regulary scheduled "clinic day" so my Mom and sister and I were there bright and early.  Both the doctor and one of my nurses came in and told my Mom that I looked great and asked how I was doing with the chemo treatments.  Well…I told them I felt great and my Mom finally had to ask the question that many inquiring minds want to know…"are the treatments actually working because we don't see that Chloe has very many side effects from treatments?".  So, the doctor and the nurse looked at each other and gave us one of the nicest compliments we have ever gotten.
"Attitude is everything and you guys have the most awesome attitude towards everything. This is totally helping with treatment and subsuquent side effects from the meds."
And then the nurse added as she left the room, "you are like a ray of sunshine here at the clinic"
Ok…we will take it….and keep our chins up and our attitude…well…positive!

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ms. Nancy said...

The staff at the hospital said it all Amy - the Gelber girls (and boys :-) are definitely "rays of sunshine!" I know this journey has not been easy for any of you, which is why your optimism is an inspiration to all of us who know your family.

Katie Adduci said...

I get sunburn everytime I am around all of you! You are so inspirational and such a bright shining light that those side effects just don't stand a chance EVER! Watch out for the Gelber sunshine and wear SPF one trillion and forty-five!!! I think they should play "Here Comes the Sun" when you enter clinic:) Let's put that in the suggestion box;)