Well, some positive news is that Rudolph will be bringing Santa to our house soon. I am awfully excited about that!!!
And what might you ask is IVIG? Well, I found out for the first time at clinic this past Thursday. A friend of mine from ballet class, who ironically just stopped treatment for kidney cancer, was diagnosed with the chicken pox. Luckily, her mom got ahold of my mom so we could let my docs know. What does the chicken pox have to do with me you might ask? Well….in the world of leukemia…..low blood coutns….chemotherapy….the chicken pox could be really, really bad…possibly deadly... if I were to get it. Yes, it really is that serious.
SO….a two hour routine trip to clinic for chemo turned into a 6 hour stay in the pediatric outpatient floor of the hospital. The doctors wanted me to have something called IVIG (aka….Intraveneous Immunoglobulin) which is a special blood product that boosts my immune system. And the infusion is supposed to only take a few hours but it took a little longer. They needed to watch me to make sure I didn't get any weird allergic reaction or breathing probelms.
Luckily, I didn't.
Actually, I slept through most of it so that was nice and I sure am thankful for the many people who donated their blood so I could have this infusion.
And what might you ask is IVIG? Well, I found out for the first time at clinic this past Thursday. A friend of mine from ballet class, who ironically just stopped treatment for kidney cancer, was diagnosed with the chicken pox. Luckily, her mom got ahold of my mom so we could let my docs know. What does the chicken pox have to do with me you might ask? Well….in the world of leukemia…..low blood coutns….chemotherapy….the chicken pox could be really, really bad…possibly deadly... if I were to get it. Yes, it really is that serious.
SO….a two hour routine trip to clinic for chemo turned into a 6 hour stay in the pediatric outpatient floor of the hospital. The doctors wanted me to have something called IVIG (aka….Intraveneous Immunoglobulin) which is a special blood product that boosts my immune system. And the infusion is supposed to only take a few hours but it took a little longer. They needed to watch me to make sure I didn't get any weird allergic reaction or breathing probelms.
Luckily, I didn't.
Actually, I slept through most of it so that was nice and I sure am thankful for the many people who donated their blood so I could have this infusion.

1 comment:
Glad everything was okay. Like the nose accessory!!! Fred and Felix are a happening here in Oklahoma!!! They say "Hi,girly girl". Love you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment