Well, it has been quite the week around here….
My brother and sister both caught the nasty stomach virus thing that is going on and I thought I had somehow escaped it but then Tuesday night rolled around and it seemed I had caught it, too. Bummer! So, after vomiting for most of the night (we are calling it "vomit world" around our house these days), I woke up in the morning with the dreaded…FEVER. Fevers and kids with compromised immune systems (especially when counts are way low like mine are right now) are not a good combination.
So, we were ofically on "fever watch". The good news is that my fever really behaved itself and didn't go over the dreaded 100 degree mark. If it had, I would have been admitted to the hospital, which is never that much fun.
So, I am still not feeling too groovy (tummy pains, achiness) but I am happy to report I am not in the hospital right now and will be back at clinic this afternoon to check counts and possibly resume chemo. Fingers crossed this fever thing stays away…….
My brother and sister both caught the nasty stomach virus thing that is going on and I thought I had somehow escaped it but then Tuesday night rolled around and it seemed I had caught it, too. Bummer! So, after vomiting for most of the night (we are calling it "vomit world" around our house these days), I woke up in the morning with the dreaded…FEVER. Fevers and kids with compromised immune systems (especially when counts are way low like mine are right now) are not a good combination.
So, we were ofically on "fever watch". The good news is that my fever really behaved itself and didn't go over the dreaded 100 degree mark. If it had, I would have been admitted to the hospital, which is never that much fun.
So, I am still not feeling too groovy (tummy pains, achiness) but I am happy to report I am not in the hospital right now and will be back at clinic this afternoon to check counts and possibly resume chemo. Fingers crossed this fever thing stays away…….

1 comment:
Stay strong Chole, you'll beat the vomit train! Here's hoping you keep that fever in line and have a good weekend!
Post a Comment