Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hold on….here we go again!

Stop the presses…..I found out today at clinic that my ANC has dropped to 100!!  Yikes!  Last time I was there (two weeks ago), my ANC was like 900 or something.  So what does that mean you might ask?  Well, right now my body has very little ability to fight off any infections…germs….or yucky stuff.  So, yes, that means I could catch a cold and end up in the hospital because I get a fever (100 or over) and the docs have to "observe me overnight…or two" and may need to give me an immunity booster.  Crazy!  So, what is the answer to help with this little problem?  You are correct if you answered "hold the chemo!".  Here we go again….you may remember that we had to hold Chemo back in December, too, because my ANC had dropped so low.  So, twice on maintenance it has dropped and Dr. Hayani told me and my mom  today that when my counts do go back up and I can start chemo again….it will be less than I am taking now.
Ok…I won't argue with that  and it certainly doesn't hurt my feelings :0
Keep your fingers crossed that I can hold on tight and get through this low ANC thing without getting sick or ending up in the hospital (aka…my home away from home).
Go ANC!  Go ANC!  Go ANC!  Fight…fight…fight!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miss Katie said...

Oh my goodness! We are crossing everything for your ANC to go up sweet girl!! Ellie is going do her crazy yoga pose named "Upward ANC"! I can't believe it didn't work yesterday! You and Grandpa in a yellow car can pretty much run over any germ that is in your way in the meantime, right?? Go team yellow:)xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sweet Chloe,
I miss the days of My Gym when we would twirl together and we would scream "Hip Hip Hooray" at the end of every class. You are such an angel and I pray you will stay healthy my brave buddy. You've been in my thoughts a lot this week because I cut 10 inches of my hair off and donated it in honor of you. I hope we get to visit soon and I can see face to face what true beauty looks like because sweetie you are a miracle to us all.
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!
Lisa