Wednesday, August 8, 2012

n..n...nice!!!

Neutropenic....neupogen....lots of "n" words that have a lot of medical jargon, half of which I don't understand. 

I am highly neutropenic right now, and there is a sign outside my door at the hospital that says so.  My blood counts were low (ANC~200, Platelets~30 and hemoglobin~8.1) so I am not supposed to really have visitors (except family) and anyone who comes into my room needs to wash their hands and wear a mask.

But, I have some good news to report this morning!  Although I did spike a fever last night (darn that 5 o clock hour!), Dr. Hayani told me my counts are way up today.  And do you know why?  Well, partly because I am awesome but mostly because of this little medicine they call neupogen that they started giving me yesterday.  Apparently it helps boost the immune system for chemo kids like me and it is definitely doing it's job.  My ANC is up to 900 this morning.  WOW!

So...he says if I don't spike a fever today/tonight and my numbers continue to go up...there is a chance I can go home tomorrow.  Holy Moly!  That was the best news we have heard all week!

No fever...no fever....no fever....no fever...no fever.....




4 comments:

Katie said...

So sorry to hear you have had to stay at the hospital this week, Chloe. You are so brave though! We are crossing our fingers and hoping for "No Fever!" Your friends, Grace and Gabe

GRANDPA said...

GO CHLOE, GO CHLOE, GO CHLOE, GO TRIPLETS, GO TRIPLETS, GO TRIPLETS, GO DR. H, GO DR. H, GO DR. H, GO MOMMY, GO MOMMY, GO MOMMY!!!!!! LOVE YA LOTS.

The Andersons said...

I'm praying for NO FEVER! So thankful your counts are up! xoxoxoxo

Grandma said...

What great news that you did not have any more fevers - you are truly a wonder and I love you very much. Big hugs and kisses to you.

P.S. I am still trying to learn how to whistle but so far I haven't had much luck. Hopefully soon I can learn to whistle like you.