Ms. Beth (from clinic) came to talk to my kindergarten class about what was going on with me…medically that is. She read a great book called, "Jacob has cancer" and it was all about how this little boy has cancer and his friends want to help him feel better and make life easier and some ways they can do that. She told my class that they can't catch leukemia (like a cold) and told them a little about the medicines I am on and how they make me feel icky sometimes. And how about my hair or lack thereof? That is what they have been most curious about so she talked to them about that, too.
I loved having her in the classroom and I got to sit with her the whole time she was there. Oh, and did I mention that my Mom was the parent helper for the day so she was there, too?
I kind of felt like a super star :)
I loved having her in the classroom and I got to sit with her the whole time she was there. Oh, and did I mention that my Mom was the parent helper for the day so she was there, too?
I kind of felt like a super star :)

1 comment:
Good idea with the book and reading to your class. Nice that Ms Beth took the time to help kids understand that Cancer/Leukemia thing. What do you mean "almost felt like a superstar"-you ARE a superstar and a pretty one at that. F&F say howdy. Love you lots.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment