Saturday, July 14, 2012

bye bye hair…hello cute head scarves!



It took four months for my hair to start falling out but if finally did.  And boy was it everywhere!  After a long day at clinic on Monday, I finally told my Mom I had had enough…..of the hair everywhere that is.  So, we decided it was time to get rid of it.  Now, don't get me wrong, I was very sad about it and my Mom and I had a good cry before we did it, but hair grows back.  It's not the end of the world.  Aunt Kristi went and bought some clippers and did the honors (who knew she knew how to do that??? she really is a jack of all trades!)
I was very scared at first that no one would recognize me and that people would stare and laugh but it hasn't been all that bad.  I am feeling a lot better about it.  And I have a whole lot of cute scarves, bandanas and hats that all of my friends and family have gotten me.  Pretty cool!
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

GRANDPA said...

HEY PASGHETTIO,
LONG HAIR, SHORT HAIR, GOBBLEEGOOK!!!! YOU ARE ONE VERY SPECIAL GIRL THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE VERY PRETTY. FRED SAYS TO "KEEP ON TRUCKIN" AND HE MEANS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! YELLOW SCARF, YELLOW SCARF, WHERE ARE YOU?????? OH, BY THE WAY, I LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS..........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grandma said...

Wow Chloe you are just as pretty as ever. Aunt Kristi did a pretty good job. You are quite the amazing girl I am very proud of you. You are definitely the bravest little girl I have ever seen. Did you get that bravery from your Mom and Dad?!! Love you a lot.

The Kullens said...

Without your hair your beautiful face is even more noticeable!! You are one strong, smart gorgeous girl. We're so very proud of you and are completely amazed by your strength, courage and fight!! Keep it up!!!
XoXo
The Kullens

Ms. Lyn said...

Well I think you look beautiful!

Ms. Nancy said...

Chloe, you are the most beautiful Princess Chloe I have ever met! Your beautiful brown eyes truly look wonderful with the hats and scarves you'll be wearing. Hmmmm, sounds like a reason for Mom to shop to me! With love, Ms. Nancy

(Aunt Kristi is the BEST Aunt a princess could ever have. :-)

Ms. Beth said...

Well Princess Chloe, I think you really "ROCK" those scarves girl. You look beautiful and they will definitely show off those beautiful brown eyes!!!
You are amazing :-)
With lots of love and hugs, Ms. Beth

Jane Ruge said...

Chloe - when I was growing up, I had a good friend that also had leukemia and she had to shave her head just like you did. She said it was very very hard to do and she cried about it too. You are not alone! I know it must have taken a lot of courage and I think you need a special bead for being SO brave. You are right about it growing back though and it's so wonderful that you seem to have it in perspective...not sure if I could be as strong as you. You're an inspiring little girl, that much is for sure.

Glad you're enjoying the summer. Tell your mom we love all the great pics! We're praying for you everyday. Big Hugs!!