This is a picture of me from a long time ago and my Mom thinks it is really cute and kind of funny. She says I look "sassy" so I asked her what that meant. She told me it is very similar to how I act in clinic sometimes when I tell the nurses it doesn't hurt or just laugh off a shot....or don't cry and just shrug my shoulders when something hurts.
So, we were at clinic again this morning (remember....two weeks of daily chemo shots....lucky me!) and the nurses asked me if I wanted some "freezey spray" where they were going to give me my shot so that it didn't hurt as bad. I looked at them and kind of chuckled and said, "uh...no, I don't need it". After many questions and some surprised faces, they went ahead and gave me my shot and I didn't flinch. Nothing new there. And then Miss Trina asked if I could make a video showing other kids how to act so brave and I said, "well it isn't that hard". She looked at my Mom and said, "look at Miss Chloe...sassy little thing." :)
And we all had a good laugh.
So, we were at clinic again this morning (remember....two weeks of daily chemo shots....lucky me!) and the nurses asked me if I wanted some "freezey spray" where they were going to give me my shot so that it didn't hurt as bad. I looked at them and kind of chuckled and said, "uh...no, I don't need it". After many questions and some surprised faces, they went ahead and gave me my shot and I didn't flinch. Nothing new there. And then Miss Trina asked if I could make a video showing other kids how to act so brave and I said, "well it isn't that hard". She looked at my Mom and said, "look at Miss Chloe...sassy little thing." :)
And we all had a good laugh.

2 comments:
Chloe, you are such a riot! I love this picture and you really make me smile.
Sophia, Nora, and I were just thinking about you today and hope you and your family are all doing well.
We love you Chloe!!
Hi girly girl-
You sure are a special, brave and quite pretty cowgirl. Hope your treatment goes well today. Grandma and I will see you afterward at the house. Love you lots and lots. Fred says howdy to Biscuit.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Post a Comment