Friday, July 27, 2012

hope


Some very special friends of ours recently gave me this book and it is my new favorite.  Claire and my Mom and I read it several times a day and Claire even shared it with her fellow campers last week at the Arboretum.
I think the "Tree of Hope" is our favorite:
"I am the tree of hope,
I welcome morning's ringing light,
dream with crescent moons at night,
expect the joy the rainbows bring,
anticipate unfurling spring."
Ahhh...yes....hope certainly is a beautiful thing.
 


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grandpa said...

Hi pretty,
Can I read it next week when we come back? Fred also wants to read it, but he is still having trouble with his eyes!!! Love you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooo

Grandma said...

Wow -- what a beautiful book and I that is very nice that Claire was able to share them with her friends at camp. The friend that gave you that book is indeed a special friend.
Love you a lot and have fun at Chuck E Cheese!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great book! And when you think about it, the idea of having the ability to hope is something that makes us human beings special. And Claire is a very special little girl to have such bravery during all this.

Lynne Michels (friend of Grandma and Grandpa Gelber)

Miss Katie said...

Love the tree of hope! Look at all of the stars to wish upon!!! Hmmm, somebody should write a book about the Princess of Hope...super easy, just write down what you do every day and draw a picture of it:) Thanks for all of the hope you give to me sweet girl!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo