I turn the page in my road map tomorrow. It won't be a great time for me because the Delayed Intensification (part two) will be pretty intense. Tomorrow I will be at clinic all day and my Dad took the day off of work so he could go with me. It is really nice to have him there, especially on big treatment days.
Tomorrow is a "procedure day" for me so they will give me meds to make me a little goofy so they can inject chemo (intrathecal methotrexate) in my spinal fluid. And that is just the beginning.
Then I they will need to hydrate me and make sure I have plenty of fluids so I can take another kind of chemo called Cyclophosphamide. They will need to watch me for a couple hours afterwards to make sure I stay hydrated. Apparently, if I don't, it can cause some big time problems with my intestines. Fun.
I will also get two other types of chemo called Thioguanine and Cytarabine.
Oh my!
The docs say I can get really sick from these chemos and feel like I have the flu. I am really hoping that it doesn't happen to me.
Oh, by the way, my Dad turned the big 40 a couple weeks ago. My mom says he is oficially "over the hill" like she is :)….whatever that means!

4 comments:
Chloe, we'll be thinking about you today and will be cheering you on. Sounds like a very yucky step, but every yucky step gets you one step closer to the end! I'm glad your dad can come with you-dads are super good at snuggling, games, reading and holding hands. I hope you can do some of that with your dad today:)
You will be in my prayers today Chloe. Happy birthday to Daddy!
Hi Princess! I will be thinking of you today (and always) while you are at clinic! I am glad your daddy is with you today. Tell him I said Happy Birthday and welcome to the "40" club :-)
Hang in there sweetie. You can do it!
We're thinking about you guys today. Here's to a short simple trip with some good TV.
Post a Comment