Saturday, March 24, 2012

milestone

 A fellow yogi and friend of my Mom's sent her this quote which we all really enjoyed:

"There is something you must always remember.  You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."
Winnie the Pooh

My family and I agreed that these were the perfect words (from that loveable bear) to describe how we feel at this end of this first phase of treatment.  The docs call it the Induction phase.  We are all so glad it is over (it was pretty hard on all of us) and hope that the next phase of treatment (Consolidation) will be less rough.  We will find out on Thursday when we get the results back from my bone marrow draw.

Fingers and toes crossed.......

1 comment:

Katie Adduci said...

My favorite song/quote about all of this medical jazz is "You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you've a mind to". It's a super silly song, but not as silly as your, Claire and Ellie's favorite song "#5, #5, #5"...:) P.S. I'm pretty sure that YOU can roller skate in a buffalo herd and be happy AND look fabulous while doing so, but let's just wait until college for that. Don't tell the big people that live at your house either (and please wear a helmet:) P.P.S. Let me know when I can uncross everything, okay? I don't do yoga, but this is kind of fun! Thanks sweet girl:) xoxo