Sunday, March 11, 2012

some good news

I just wanted to update you all on my most recent "clinic visit".  First of all, I have been very, very sleepy lately and nap A LOT so it was perfect when my Mom's friend made this very pretty (and soft!) blanket for me.  I asked my Mom if it could be our "clinic blanket" and she happily agreed.  So, when I needed more plasma (yes, it is becoming a bit of a pain….) I took a nap and cozied up with my new blanket.  Awesome!
Now….for the good news.  The doctors told me and my Mom that my bloodwork after one week of treatment showed NO leukemia cells.  What does that mean, you might ask?  Well, the doctor said that means all of the treatments (medicine….chemo….and everything else) is actually working!  Yah! He also said that this is a pretty rare thing (usually it takes longer than a week) but he was very happy.
Now let's just keep our fingers crossed that my bone marrow draw at the end of the month goes just as well!
 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Miss Summer said...

Yay Princess-Superhero Chloe! I'm so happy to hear that! Also, I really like your pink blanket :)

Grandpa said...

Hi Pretty Girl,
Neat blanket. Hmmmmmmmm, pink or yellow??? Fred leans towards yellow. Any "oh, oh, pasghettio" under that blanket??? Glad to see those leukemia cells have gone bye bye. Love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. See you in a couple of weeks. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The Sisbarros said...

Hi Super Chloe - What great news that your medicines and clinic treatments are working to fight off those leukemia cells! Derek includes you in his nightly prayers hoping you feel better everyday :) Thank you for sharing your adventures in this blog as we are thinking of you!

Kathy U said...

I love your pink blanket, it looks very comfy. Also glad to hear that your bloodwork looks good :)

Sue and Hannah said...

Yea Super Chloe! That is great news - so proud of you.

Jeremy said...

Yay! Go to work, treatment! Feel better, Miss C!

The Kullens said...

Way to go Super Chloe!!! We're thinking of you and hope to see you soon!!!
XoXo

Lisa M said...

That is amazing news Chloe!!! So happy to hear that :)

Grandma said...

Hi smiley girl. What a beautiful blanket and it looks like it is so soft and comfy. Just kind of fun to snuggle in, right? I was so glad to hear the news from your last visit to the clinc. It made me very happy and I know it makes you happy too. So just keep up the good work Super Chloe and remember we love you a lot. We sure miss you and will see you soon.

Ms. Nancy said...

Way to go Chloe! It was fun talking with you through the class computer this morning. . . get all the sleep you need, keep getting stronger. We miss you every day at school.

Jane Ruge said...

How wonderful!! Miracles happen:) Stay strong Gelber team, and God willing this will soon be a picture in your rear-view mirror.

Super C - Kate misses you so much. She talks about you all the time and can't wait to play with you really soon. Kate's brother has beads of courage too, so you'll have to show her yours when you see her.